Watch the Episode
Growing your Instagram following can be more challenging than some of the other major social networks – this week we give our nine favorite growth tips for the platform.
Beer of the Day: Deck the Walls by Concrete Beach Brewery
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Post consistently during peak hours
2. Share stories throughout the day
3. Go live to give exclusive content
4. Partner with other brands
5. Use location tags
6. Find and use popular hashtags
7. Comment, like, and engage
8. Share your posts to your other social platforms
9. Run an ad campaign
Awesome tools we mentioned:
We didn’t mention many. Instagram is extremely strict about allowing third-party apps to access the network, so there isn’t much to discuss here. However, we did mention:
You can use IFTTT to post your Instagram’s immediately as native photos to Twitter, so they propagate as opposed to being links.
2. We also mentioned advertising on Instagram, which can be done through Facebook’s ad manager. For more profitable types of Facebook advertising, check out this article Justin wrote.
Other items we discussed:
1. Jordan mentioned a Buffer article that goes into posting frequency. Check that out here.
2. We discussed going live on Instagram. For tips on going live on social media, check out the video below.
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!