Watch the Episode
This week we’re discussing one of our favorite topics – evergreen content. Here’s what it is and how to use it in your marketing strategy.
Beer of the Day: Beer is Back! This week we’re drinking Ex Novo Brewing’s Dynamic Duo IIPA.
Here’s a quick summary:
1. News, time sensitive content is the opposite of evergreen content
2. Evergreen content lasts a long time, and can actually attract more views in the long run
3. Edit your posts to keep them fresh and help them evolve over time
4. Find topics by looking for questions that aren’t already answered online
5. An initial heavy investment of time can be priceless
6. Ask yourself, “was this information useful last year, this year, and next year?” If the answer is yes, you have a piece of evergreen content
Awesome tools we mentioned:
1. We didn’t mention any tools in this episode, but we will say that it’s important to keep a log of articles that you WANT to write in the future. As you’re searching online and find topics about your product or service that aren’t answered, make a list somewhere. We use Trello and Evernote.
Other items we discussed:
If there’s a true opposite of evergreen content, it has to be Snapchat. Here’s how to use the platform if you’re looking to get a balance.
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!