Watch the Episode
This episode, we’re diving into the world of Google Analytics. As Jordan says, there are “about 9,000” things you can choose to look at in GA, watch to learn which 4 metrics we think are worth tracking.
Beer of the Day: Agave Wheat by Breckenridge Brewery
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Don’t concern yourself with vanity metrics
2. Watch for return visitors to see if your content is bringing people back
3. Know your bounce rate and average time on page! Anywhere over 50% should be a red flag
4. Monitor organic search visitors to really get a feel for your SEO efforts
5. Track conversions with specific URLs so you know what’s working (and what isn’t)
Awesome tools we mentioned:
We definitely mentioned one tool a lot in this episode: Google Analytics. If you’re just starting out, here’s an article on how to set it up for your site.
Other items we discussed:
1. We referenced a video we just shot on SEO tips, and how to improve your search ranking. Check that out here:
2. We also mentioned an episode we shot on bad SEO practices and how to avoid them. Watch that here:
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!