Watch the Episode
Today we discuss ways to shoot a great video on your smartphone. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to get things done!
Beer of the Day: No beers! Drinking in public is frowned upon in California.
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Stabilize your video – get a tripod and make sure your phone is secure
2. Make sure you’ve lined up your video properly, leaving just a bit of space between the top of the frame and your head
3. Stay close enough to the phone to make sure your sound quality is good, or buy a microphone
4. Turn all of the lights on if you’re shooting indoors, or make sure the sun is facing you if you’re outdoors
5. Make sure there’s no echo – laying a towel down on the ground helps eat sound
6. Use a lavalier microphone if need be
7. Shoot in landscape, not vertically!
8. Keep your background clean and simple – don’t have anything too distracting
9. Use iMovie or WeVideo to edit your videos on mobile
Awesome tools we mentioned:
Well, we mentioned a bunch of awesome plugins, as you are aware.
Other items we discussed:
We mentioned a few other items we love:
1. Our favorite affordable lavalier microphone
2. A simple mobile phone tripod
3. Taylor’s article on FitSmallBiz – How to Create Pro Quality Product Video With Just Your Mobile Phone
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!