5 Essential Facebook Marketing Tips – Episode 23
In this episode, we go over our 5 favorite Facebook marketing tips. Tip number one: stop poking people.
Beer of the Day: Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Add closed captioning to all of your Facebook videos
2. You can either transcribe them yourself or pay someone to do it on Fiverr
3. Be responsive to messages and reviews – your response rate will show on your Facebook page
4. Add a call to action on your Facebook page
5. Be willing to spend on boosted posts, like campaigns, and retargeting campaigns
6. Post daily, and get in the habit of using a scheduler
Awesome tools we mentioned:
We mentioned a few great tools. Here are the links.
Other items we discussed:
We talked about adding an SRT file to your Facebook videos to get closed captioning. Here are the steps to take in order to do this correctly.
- Go to Fiverr and request a video transcription.
- Take the file and convert it into an SRT file, or ask for one directly from the seller.
- When you upload your video to Facebook, change the name of the file to this format: NAMEofVIDEO.US_en.SRT (if you are uploading the video file in English, “en” denotes the language, “US” denotes the country you’re in.
- Hit publish!
- Upload your video.
- Click the “CC” button for closed captions.
- Either transcribe the video yourself and set timings, OR
- Upload a txt file. You can have this made on Fiverr as well.
Finally, we discussed other forms of Facebook ad campaigns you can set up. Retargeting campaigns on Facebook are some of the best dollar-for-dollar ads you can setup. Here’s an article on how to run your first retargeting campaign.
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
[Tweet “”Respond to people on Facebook within an hour, no excuses” -@CaveJordanS”]
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!