Marketers worldwide have had to change their approaches dynamically in 2021, owing to a worldwide pandemic that forced people to stay indoors. Digital ones completely replaced outdoor advertisements and marketing strategies. Brands became more interactive and engaged more with their customers than ever before. Personalized forms of marketing communication became more acceptable, and digitally strong brands led the rest in their industry.
Some of the popular emerging marketing strategies are still effective, but many had to change overnight to meet a changing world’s demands. Here are some of the marketing strategies that can prove useful for companies in 2021:
1. Incorporate Artificial Intelligence Within Processes
With digital technologies at the forefront of marketing strategies, it is the right time to experiment with artificial intelligence if you have not yet. Almost all the great tools and technologies used by companies today for marketing find their roots within artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence can be highly effective in making processes better, especially those in marketing that are highly dependent on analyzing customer habits and behavior.
Here are a few areas in which artificial intelligence can aid your B2B marketing strategies:
- Increasing visitor engagement through highly personalized chatbots
- Analyzing customer behavioral patterns and their decision-making processes
- Generating leads and journeying them to conversions
- Measuring and optimizing the performance of existing marketing strategies
Companies have to experiment with new technologies to stay ahead of the competition, making artificial intelligence an invaluable tool.
2. Use Predictive Analytics
Predictive analytics is a branch of data analytics that is specifically used to create predictions about future uncertainties. As a marketer, if you are not already familiar with or using the technology, now is the time to join the club. Predictive analytics is all the more effective in online media as you are likely to have a larger dataset that is generated through online activity on the internet.
For example, Netflix beautifully integrates predictive analytics within its interface. Have you noticed when you have just watched a show or movie on Netflix, your feed is filled with personalized recommendations of shows and movies that you may like to watch after it? Netflix uses predictive analytics to track the kind of shows and movies you are most likely to watch and offers recommendations within the application.
Source: Becoming Human
Some of the primary ways in which you can integrate predictive analysis within B2B marketing strategies are:
- Upselling products/services based on searches
- Improving sales forecasting and performance
- Identifying the key demographics and better reach to them
Using predictive analytics can help companies ensure that the right recommendations reach the right customers, maximizing the chances of a transaction.
3. Strengthen your SEO and Content strategies
Whether you are operating in a B2C or B2B segment, SEO is the key to bringing customers to your website. Since there are approximately 3.5 billion searches on Google every day, SEO has become one of the most vital parts of marketing strategy – whether you are an online business or not.
Out of these, about 31.7% click on the organic search result ranked #1 on the search engine. Unsurprisingly, most people do not get to the second page of the results. That highlights the importance of organic content and SEO and their impact on sales that you will generate through online media. Developing organic traffic is still one of the most effective and sustainable ways to bring potential customers onto your website.
Improving your SEO in 2021 requires content strategies that can provide you with many benefits, including:
- Higher Google rankings translate to increased traffic to your website and digital channels
- Effective content marketing strategies can drive more sales and revenue
- Considerable increase in your brand awareness and visibility
If you are unsure where to start, you can hire an SEO agency or an in-house team of SEO professionals to optimize your SEO and content strategy effectively.
4. Use Video Marketing and Augmented Reality
The number of videos circulating on the internet has grown manifolds in the last decade. With video aggregator platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo gathering steady popularity and, at times, acting as search engines for customers, the video patterns have evolved and how. In 2020, more than 86% of the businesses stated that they used video as a marketing tool – a statistic that has only consistently increased in recent years.
As video marketing’s popularity continues to grow, technologies such as augmented reality (AR) are becoming more accessible. Companies are increasingly incorporating AR into their marketing strategies to generate heightened interest among customers and improve customer experience (CX) quality.
Some of the common ways in which AR can benefit marketing strategists in 2021 are:
- Creating unique websites, and in-store experiences for customers
- Increasing customer engagement and interaction with the brand
- Generating better emotional responses out of marketing campaigns
- Utilizing Social media channels for increasing reach and brand awareness
Visual means of marketing have been proven to generate better engagement and positive responses from the customers, making it imperative for marketers to make the shift in 2021.
5. Integrate Empathy within Marketing Activities
Empathy is a trait that is often lost in marketing communications due to the cutthroat competition. With 2020 proving to be one of the most challenging years that the world has seen this millennium, people are more sensitive and intolerant towards lack of empathy. Empathetic marketing campaigns and strategies can ensure that the customers can create a better and more sustainable connection with the brand.
Here are some of how empathy can influence and benefit marketing strategies in 2021:
- Humanizes the brand and the customer experience
- Increases sales, referrals, and loyalty among customers
- Creates a lasting relationship with the customers
It is important to note that businesses are trusted even more than the government in many countries, and trust plays a vital role in buying decisions. It is time to stop treating customers only as data points and as humans.
6. Leverage Data Analytics to Drive Your Marketing
You have already heard this a lot – all the brands and marketers out there are talking about data and how it is helping them drive their performance. Predictive analytics discussed earlier is also a branch of data analytics. Still, this term encompasses a wide range of data points and algorithms that organizations use to execute forecasting and strategize for their business.
Data Analytics is polishing and managing the raw data that you collect from your customers and using the information to support decision-making processes. Estimations are by 2024, the world would have generated around 149 zettabytes of data for marketers to
Here are a few advantages that you can get as a business by leveraging data analytics to drive your marketing strategies in 2021:
- Mapping the customer journey and related data points
- Bettering strategic improvements and forecasting processes
- Facilitating high-quality reporting and management within the organization
- Narrowing down the key demographics and markets for targeted marketing activities
Data analytics can be the perfect tool to support critical organizational decisions and marketing strategies. Still, organizations must use it only as a tool and empower it with quality human resources.
7. Invest in Digitization and Digital Transformation
With the world going more digital by the minute, marketplaces and social forums have shifted online more than ever. With this in mind, brands that want to be in line with these changes have to embrace digitization of processes, and in some cases – a complete digital transformation. Traditional marketing strategies have now moved to elaborate digital marketing strategies wherein brands can tap into every customer journey phase.
It is estimated that companies are likely to spend nearly $2.3 trillion on digital transformation by 2023, showing just how much importance it is steadily gaining. Marketers that want to increase their market share and visibility need to adopt digital means for generating results.
Here are a few ways in which digitization and digital transformation of processes can aid your marketing strategy in 2021:
- Digitized manufacturing processes can increase market share and control overall costs
- Facilitating omnichannel marketing strategy is more comfortable and more effective digitally
- Creating platforms or better interactions and engagement for customers
- Increase in brand awareness, visibility, and customer base to tap into
Regardless of the industry you are in, most of your customers are on digital channels and depend on them for research, discovering brands, and even making purchases.
Conclusion: Evolve with the Changing Times
The year 2020 made sure that even the people who were not using social media or online platforms are now actively using them. Brands now have numerous channels to choose from for marketing to their specific target audience. Leveraging the most recent and advanced technologies and tools can ensure that brands create impactful marketing campaigns.
By being dynamic and adapting to the rapidly changing marketing landscape, companies can be more successful and build their market share in 2021.
Author: Lucy Manole