How to Optimize Your YouTube Videos – Episode 32
This week the guys discuss how to properly optimize your YouTube videos.
Beer of the Day: No beers! Drinking in public is frowned upon in California.
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Capture peoples attention in the first 5 seconds of the video
2. Get to the point, and talk about what you’re going to discuss in the video
3. Closed captioning needs to be added to all of your videos – don’t just use the automated closed captioning provided by YouTube
4. Create custom thumbnails that are easy to read
5. Add links into your description
6. Ask people to subscribe to your videos!
Awesome tools we mentioned:
1. Rev is a video captioning service that offers quick turnaround at a great price
Other items we discussed:
1. Justin recently wrote an article for Social Media Examiner that highlights 6 Video Marketing Tips to Maximize Your Impact. Check it out for further info on video marketing.
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
[Tweet “”If you want people to subscribe to your YouTube channel, you have to ask” -@CaveJustin”]
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!