How to Make Great Blog Content – Episode 5
In this episode, the guys discuss what constitutes great blog content, and how you can stand out with your articles.
Beer of the Day: Key West – Southernmost Wheat
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Define your audience before you start writing
2. Great content takes time – the more effort you put in, the bigger returns you’ll see
3. Keep it authentic – write what you know, and tell personal stories that relate to your audience
4. Use powerful visuals, infographics, and videos within your posts
5. Be the authority
Awesome tools we mentioned:
Other items we discussed:
1. Here’s a great example of how to be the authority when you write. Our Creative Director Taylor wrote a piece on 8 email service providers he reviewed, and which ones he’d recommend using.
2. We also talked about using images and infographics in your articles. Here’s an article Justin wrote for Social Media Today that uses images to enhance the reader’s experience.
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
[Tweet “”People have a strong B.S. meter – write about what you know” -@CaveJordanS”]
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!