Social Media Predictions for 2017 – Episode 20
In this episode, the guys each give 3 predictions for social media in 2017, along with one BOLD prediction.
Beer of the Day: Quackalope IPA by Barley Mo Brewing Co.
Here’s a quick summary:
1. LinkedIn will incorporate video, via influencers and peer to peer
2. Paid geofilters will be much more accessible, and more natural discover will come to Snapchat
3. Paid amplification for live videos will debut
BOLD PREDICTION: Snapchat acquires Musical.ly
1. Video filters will come to more platforms (IE Facebook, Instagram, Messenger)
2. Businesses will adopt Whatsapp and Messenger in larger numbers
3. Disappearing stories will come to Messenger
BOLD PREDICTION: Pinterest will file an IPO
Awesome tools we mentioned:
1. No tools were mentioned. BUT if you want to get into the Christmas spirit, here’s a tool that will turn you into an singing, dancing elf.
Other items we discussed:
Justin mentioned his latest article on the Simply Measured blog that goes in depth on his 2017 predictions. Click the image below to read!
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
[Tweet “”In 2017, Facebook will dominate more than ever” -@CaveJustin”]
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!