Bad SEO Practices and How to Avoid Them – Episode 7
In this episode, the guys talk about bad SEO practices, how to avoid them, and what to look for when hiring an agency to help with search engine optimization.
Beer of the Day: Goose Island – Summertime Kolsch
Here’s a quick summary:
1. Don’t link-spam, buy links, or engage in any other black-hat tactics. It will only hurt you in the long run.
2. Keyword stuffing is no longer a best practice. Build your website for people, not robots.
3. Make sure your above the fold content is top notch.
4. Be cautious with guest blogging. Only provide and accept great content.
5. Remove any duplicate content on your site.
Awesome tools we mentioned:
Other items we discussed:
1. We mentioned a previous episode where we spoke about how to get featured in large publications. Check it out:
2. Further SEO tips, specific to real estate:
Be sure to tweet any questions you have to the guys on Twitter – just use the hashtag #AskCave
[Tweet “”Write for real people, not robots” -@CaveJustin”]
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel on YouTube to see all of the latest In The Cave episodes!